Editing Team Meeting
Date | time 9/25/2019 11:00 AM| Location OL344
Attendees: Dani, Mona, Justin, Cory
Regrets: Chris; Courtney
Note taker: Mona
- Editor’s website:
- Review current content;
- Determine common objectives.
- Free online micro-course to master the basics of OER and Creative Commons:
- Editors are welcome to attend;
- Starts on October 7, 2019;
- 2-week course, commit to 1–2 hours/day;
- Negotiate with Naomi to use some work time;
- Certificate earned upon completion;
- Registration link: https://oer.nz/wcol2019
- Maintenance Courses:
- Change to file version for Rachelle’s IP review: Moving forward, she will *always* review the edited version.
- Editors to flag new/deleted 3-rd party materials for her attention;
- Dani will share the edited files with Rachelle upon completion of peer review process.
- “One-offs” (those maintenance projects that *should* involve only one component of a course):
- Be sure to check all materials that could be affected by the corrections/changes made;
- Discussion was around accountability and transparency of the very narrowed scope.
- Internal Review
- Discussion postponed to next meeting;
- Consider what common issues occur in the process;
- Consider scope: skim vs. total re-edit.
- Style considerations for each course/discipline:
- Justin suggested adding that information in D4P2 in the notes section;
- Advantage to next editor: reduction of time spent determining which style was deemed appropriate.